Sunday, December 28, 2008

Crankshaft


The plan for this engine is to be turbocharged , but I also wanted a little bigger engine size without having to cut the case or the heads. I wanted the maximum thickness on the cylinders and on the sealing surface of the heads. I searched through the net, asked around the at www.aircooledvw.gr forum where I am also a member and I concluded that I would use a 76mm stroker crankshaft. For this task I recruited my best man and ex flat mate Constantine which he still lives back in New Jersey. I kind of told him he had to carry an extra 28lbs in his carry on luggage. I ordered a CB Performance crankshaft through the very helpfull online order staff and on Christmas day It arrived along with my Best man! The crank has also 8 dowels and it will give me about 1744cc with the stock size 85.5mm pistons.

No comments: