Sunday, November 30, 2008

The backround of my Bug


The previous owner of this Beetle Mr Andreas bought this Beetle brand new back in 1971 from Thessaloniki. He moved to Athens where he used the Beetle for his weekend trips and the summer vacations.! Before we made the deal he told me that the Beetle did not run. He told me that the last time it run was August 08, and that while he was driving he heard a noise from the engine. He immediately stopped to check it out but the Beetle never started again.
I towed the Beetle to my Garage and last week I started tearing it down. A quick diagnosis showed that the valve train of the two rear opposing cylinders did not move at all while trying to start it. ! That wasn't good :). With the help of my friend and coworker Panayioti which he also shares the same "bug" for beetles we took the rear fenders off, the engine lid and we put the car on stands so we could take the engine out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mono 8.000 xiliometra!!! sxedon kainourio!

Dimitris said...

Tou koutiou einai!Eixe 6xronia egguhsh????